More than 775 million people over the age of 15 are illiterate. That’s 17 percent of the world’s adult population.
Our goal is to strengthen the capacity of communities to support basic education and literacy, reduce gender disparity in education, and increase adult literacy. We support education for all children and literacy for children and adults.
HOW ROTARY MAKES HELP HAPPEN
We take action to empower educators to inspire learning at all ages.
Statements of purpose and goals
The Rotary Foundation promotes education and literacy for all by:
- Ensuring that children have access to quality basic education
- Reducing gender disparity in education
- Increasing adult literacy
- Strengthening the capacity of communities to support basic education and literacy
- Supporting studies related to basic education and literacy