What is Public Image in Rotary?
Public Image isn’t simply public relations or marketing. It’s the image we create in all we do…internally and externally…that helps define our brand in our communities and throughout the world.
Why is Rotary’s Public Image important?
When we focus on building a strong and consistent public image within our clubs and throughout the public, we will
- Help to create the best experience possible for our members, which will engage them further
- Create an attractive presence in our communities that will raising the public’s awareness and understanding of Rotary while increasing their desire to be involved.
What is part of Rotary’s Public Image?
Meeting Location & Room Arrangement
Meeting Content & Attitudes of Members
Communication of Information to Members
Attractive Projects/Fundraisers/Activities Organized & Consistent Promotion of Activities
Clear & Consistent Branding & Messaging
- BUDGET AND FINANCE COMMITTEE
- DISTRICT CONFERENCE CHAIR
- PUBLIC IMAGE COMMITTEE
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
- DISTRICT ASSEMBLY CHAIR
- ROTARY INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION PROMOTION COMMITTEE
Committee Chair: Lore Beckius (Ogallala). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Angie Swanson (McCook); Caitlin Garner (Lake Mac Rotaract); Cheryl Bryan (Kearney Dawn); Deb McCaslin (Broken Bow Area); Sarah Cathcart (Kearney); Scott McLaughlin (Kearney Dawn)
Newsletter: Cheryl Bryan. Email: email@example.com
The Public Image Committee assists the District and the individual clubs in their efforts to access the media to promote Rotary and its activities on the international, district and club level.
- Encourage Rotary clubs to make public image a priority and provide them with professional expertise and advice about successfully mounting a public image program appropriate for their community, news media, etc.
- Promote Rotary and District 5630 to external audiences. This will include contacting the media with newsworthy stories of district projects and events.
- Share Rotary International public image materials with clubs.
- Advise Rotaract, Interact, and District Projects about Public Image approaches and opportunities.