The Rotary District 5630 Youth Exchange Committee is making preparations to welcome four exchange students to Nebraska in the 2015-16 academic year. We are now offering your Rotary club the opportunity to host one of these high school age students.
The Youth Exchange Committee is asking your club to consider welcoming one of these students into your club and community and participate in improving international good will and understanding. Hosting an exchange student can be a rewarding experience and can create new friendships that will last a lifetime.
We are asking interested clubs to commit to hosting an exchange student by March 1. This will allow us to vet club volunteers and complete the required paperwork in a timely manner so the inbound students can get their visas to come to the U.S. in time for the start of the 2015-16 school year. We have committed to taking students from Germany, France and Turkey. The fourth country is pending.
A host club provides:
- Three host families for the student
- Club counselor for the student
- Local coordinator to oversee the program on the club level and maintain contact with host families
- A volunteer to submit Rotary International/Department of State required information throughout the exchange via the RYEDs data base (district will provide training)
- A monthly stipend for the student of not less than $75/month
- Help the student get enrolled in school and involved in activities
- Transportation for the student to and from mandatory district events (4-6)
- Welcoming environment for the student
Adult volunteers working closely with the student must agree to have a criminal background check conducted, provide two references and participate in mandatory training prior to the student’s arrival in August. The District Youth Exchange Committee is available and prepared to provide the required training as well as to support and assist the host clubs throughout the exchange.;
If you are interested in applying to host a student, please contact;
Rotary District 5630 Youth Exchange Committee Chair
112 W 1st Street
Valentine NE 69201-1820