Dear Rotarians in District 5630,
When Ray Klinginsmith, our 2010-2011 RI President, announced the theme he selected BUILDING COMMUNITIES-BRIDGING CONTINENTS, he pointed out that Rotary Clubs provide millions of dollars for community projects each year for our hometowns. At the same time, we are very good at supporting international projects around the world that provide shelter, education, clean water, medical services, peace and world understanding. IT FEELS GREAT TO BE A ROTARIAN AND ASSIST OUR COMMUNITIES AND PEOPLE OF OTHER LANDS.
I am asking and encouraging all Rotarians to join me in reaching our District Goals for 2010-2011
- Each club participate in the “5 for 1 Membership Blitz” in August.
- Each club achieve at least 85% membership retention rate.
- Each club strive to earn the Presidential Citation award
- Clubs participate in one of President Klinginsmith’s area of focus
- Clubs obtain media coverage for one Rotary event each quarter
- Each club schedule one Family or Social event each quarter
- Sponsor a career day for a school in your community
- Support R YLA and/or Youth Exchange program
- Become an “Every Rotarian Every Year” club
- Educate your community on polio eradication and contribute $1000 to PolioPlus
- Propose a Team Member and/or host the GSE team from India in 2010-2011
During the past two years as I have attended the training events to become Governor, I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and better understand the activities and programs that Rotary offers to people around the world. Daily, I realize that through Rotary I can do so much more to help others than I could do as one man in central Nebraska.
Enjoy your Rotary experience as we go about Building Communities Bridging Continents.
Yours in Rotary,
District 5630 Governor