The District 5630 Nominating Committee is now accepting completed application forms for Governor of District 5630 for Rotary Year 2022 – 2023. The application deadline is December 31, 2019. As provided in our District 5630 Bylaws, the composition of the Nominating Committee shall be composed of the five most recent Past District Governors. One member shall be the immediate Past District Governor and the other four Past District Governor members shall be active members who reside in and are members of a club within the District. In 2019-2020 these members will be PDG Dale Schultz (Chair), PDG Jerry Milner, PDG Don Peterson, PDG Koby Rickertson and PDG Ron Bazata.
All nominations must be submitted on the District Governor-Nominee Application Form. Fully completed forms accompanied by a recent photograph should be directed to:
Dale Schultz, IPDG
Chair, District 5630 Nominating Committee
1312 Sheridan Dr.
Hastings, NE 68901
Qualifications for District Governor are prescribed by the Rotary International Manual of Procedure (RIMOP). The RIMOP Article 16 stipulates that
16.010. Qualifications of a Governor-nominee. Unless excused by the board, the person selected as a governor-nominee shall at the time of selection:
- be a member in good standing of a functioning club in the district;
- have served as club president for a full term or as charter president for at least six months;
- demonstrate willingness, commitment, and ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a governor in section 16.030.;
- demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of the governor as prescribed in the bylaws; and
- submit to RI a statement that the Rotarian understands those qualifications, duties, and responsibilities is qualified for the office of governor and is willing and able to assume and faithfully perform those duties and responsibilities.
16.020. Qualifications of a Governor. Unless excused by the board, a governor, when taking office, must have attended the international assembly for its full duration, have been a Rotarian for at least seven years, and continue to possess the qualifications in section 16.010.
Please consult the Rotary International Manual of Procedure for complete details and qualifications.
Learn more about serving as District Governor by downloading Lead Your District: Governor, published by Rotary International.