By NATALIA BONFANTE GINEZ
Annual Giving Officer Zones 21B, 27, & 28 | The Rotary Foundation
It is now November, and we are officially into Foundation Month!! I was recently moved by a Rotary story that I wanted to share with you. What moves me about this story is all that it accomplished. A Vocational Training Team of eye surgeons traveled to Guinea, West Africa to perform much needed cataract surgeries on a trip that was coordinated with our strategic partner, Mercy Ships. While there, the team performed 65 life-changing surgeries, donated 16 ophthalmoscopes and trained 17 medical graduates. The trip had a lasting impact on those involved. The team leader remarked how serving as a volunteer is a truly rewarding and exciting experience and one of the local eye surgeons was so moved that he is now interested in becoming a Rotarian.
By supporting YOUR Rotary Foundation, you’re able to:
- Send volunteers with skill and expertise to part of the world in need
- Align your project with our strategic partners for double the impact
- Educate and train those you work with the key to sustainability
- Donate items that are too costly or not available in certain parts of the world
- Inspire others to join you in Rotary increase membership and in turn, support of YOUR Rotary Foundation
- Provide life-changing experiences both for the volunteer and the recipient
This is a very powerful story about how your support of The Rotary Foundation can work in so many ways. I am thankful and grateful to be able to help you do this day in and day out.
Happy Foundation Month to all!