You can now search for a Rotary club with RI’s free mobile app. In the Apple app store and Android market, it’s called the Rotary Club Locator from Rotary International. The app also will soon be offered for BlackBerry phones.
The Rotary Club Locator app helps you find a Rotary club meeting when you’re on the go.
- The “Near Me” search locates clubs within a physical radius of 100 miles. (Note: Actual driving distances may be further.)
- A keyword search for clubs. This search looks for the keyword in either the club name or meeting location address. This is useful for finding clubs that are outside of the 100-mile radius from your current location.
- A map showing a club’s location and driving directions
- The ability to save search results to a list of favorite clubs
- The ability to add a club to your phone’s contact list
- The club’s website and primary phone number, if available
- A search function to find clubs by district
To view club officer contact information, you must login into the app with your RI Member Access login information.
If your club doesn’t appear in the app
Check RI’s Club Locator at www.rotary.org to verify that RI has the full postal information for your club’s meeting location. Because it works through Google’s GPS and map technology, the app can only show clubs for which RI has complete contact information.
E-clubs, which don’t have a physical meeting location, can’t be mapped through the “Near Me” function. E-clubs, however, should still provide their club website and other contact information so e-clubs can be found in the keyword search.
To update your club’s meeting location, e-mail the information to email@example.com or ask a club officer to make the update in RI’s Member Access.